Monday, June 11, 2012

Variations on a Theme

 After I got home Saturday from the Music Fest for MDA, where I played in the classic rock band MOZO, I was dead tired but needed to unwind for a while. So I spent a couple of hours editing some of my 3D-modeled pictures. I posted the original of this one a few days ago. Here are some new versions of the same shot.

There are things about each of these that I like. I find it interesting that merely changing the colors of various elements can evoke such different moods. I'll probably use all these (as well as other variations of the same pic) as backgrounds for some of my other 3D models.

The original picture (which I posted last time) was made in Bryce 7.1 Pro. All the editing - on that shot and these - was done in Gimp 2.6.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your blog with me. I read a few of your posts. While I don't agree with everything you say there, your beliefs are pretty much in line with mine. As the Moravians say, "In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, diversity; in all things, love." I think it will very interesting when we all (meaning believers) get to heaven and God sets each of us straight on what we have misinterpreted. As fallible humans, we are all bound to make some mistakes along the way. But, as long as we follow the Way, thank God we don't have to have every detail right! If we had to be perfect, I dare say none of us would make it!! Keep on preaching, brother.

    ReplyDelete