Saturday, December 29, 2012

3 Days to ROADFROGS!!!!

In less than 72 hours, my new webcomic, ROADFROGS, will "Officially" launch!!!
ROADFROGS is a concept that my wife and I came up with more than 20 years ago. We wrote and I drew a 3 page introductory story back then, which has somehow over the years been lost (I've got artwork that dates back to my high school years, but I can't find those 3 sheets of Bristol Board). Over the last several weeks, I've been working on reconstructing (and improving) that same story - from memory. I've got strips ready for the entire month of January. This initial story, "Froggie Went a-Courtin'", will run weekly for about 4-5 months, at which time I plan to publish the complete story in comic book format.

In other news, here's a teaser for another webcomic I plan to launch later in 2013.
G.I. JEFF: A REALLY AVERAGE HERO is a comic that I created in the late 1980s with Jeff Roberts, who IS the title character. Jeff and I were co-workers at a sub shop in the West End of Richmond at the time. Our somewhat fictionalized adventures take place in and around a somewhat fictionalized version of the shop where we worked. And, yes, I am also a supporting character in this story, but this is Jeff's (highly fictionalized) story.


I've lost track of Jeff over the years, but I hope he sees this poster and the story, when it comes out. "Raw Meal" is really just a one-panel parody gag at this point; however, I am working on a revamp of the 3-page story Jeff and I wrote way back when, "Dead Men Don't Eat Quiche" and its never-completed sequel "Real Men Don't Wear Plaid". Hopefully, somebody out there will recognize the mash-up of the titles of a popular book from the 80s and an early Steve Martin movie.


Other titles Jeff and I had planned to do include "Raiders in a Dodge Dart", "Pus-heads", "Close Encounters of the Weird Kind" and "Raiders Lost in the Dark". If I get any positive response to the first two stories, my wife probably won't be able to talk me out of committing some of the other offenses doing some of the other stories.


And, as I think I mentioned last time, I've got several episodes of PAWNS drawn and inked. I think I'm going to re-letter and color the strips that are ready, then I'll start publishing those on the web also.

The address for G.I. JEFF is gijeff2013.wordpress.com. PAWNS will eventually be found at pawnsthewebcomic.wordpress.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment